Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

A post to all who come here and reason.

JAH blessings and RASpect

After reading a post which was placed by Makeda I would like to ad to the subject on RASTA and Christian and this messageboard.

I became RASTA many years ago for many reasons. All these being the most important princibles of the movement but over the last years like Makeda mentioned I to have seen much of this being watered down.

I would like to state these princibles as what they mean to me.

#1- Selassie is of divine blood. No RASTA can deny this if he/she is to call themselves RASTA. If a RASTA chooses to see HIM as JAH then JAH blessings to them. If a RASTA chooses to see him as only the DIVINE leader of this movement then again JAH blessings however if a RASTA chooses to see HIM only as an ex Ethiopian leader of church and state then they must take a look at what they are.

Many RASTA may choose to be members of the EOC and thats fine but they must overstand that although the EOC may have links with the movement thru Selassie and Ethiopia it is not a positive mark for the RASTA movement as many EOC members have shown in the past. I feel that if the EOC can not accept RASTA from its roots then this is something RASTA must really look at sorting out as I do believe it is damaging the movement. However please overstand that not all EOC members have thrown away there RASTA roots and JAH blessings for that.

There are thousands of Black jews all thru Africa and other nations that follow and teach Selassie as a JEW and not a Christian and again within these groups he is seen as divine. The divine issue is of utmost important to these people as it should be with the RASTA. I feel there is no excuse to call one RASTA and not see Selassie as Divine.
Just a thought but it was fine for whites to label Christ as GOD in flesh 2000 yrs ago however it does not seem to be the same when black people choose to have a Black GOD of flesh.

JAH blessings to those who still see HIM as GOD. My respect to you all.

#2-Ital

This I feel is so important and again is being watered down by those who use Christ as an excuse to eat flesh and abuse the environment and those who just dont care about the issue.
RASTA is about living healthy and free from the abuse of flesh, free from GM foods, free from rot,
free from a society which is ignorant towards the idea of sharing and only knows greed.

Being of ital heart and practise is of utmost important. Not just for oneself but for the children of the future, for the environment and so on.It is teachings from RASTA roots so lets keep it as that.

#3-fighting oppression
Again this has been watered down. Where is the care factor on this issue and where does it draw a line.
RASTA roots teach to fight all forms of oppression. There is no excuse for otherwise.
A friend of mine recently went to Africa on a christian mission to preach the faith to muslim villages. On return I was interesyed to learn that many of the people in these muslim areas did not follow islam but rather followed African tradition towards there belief. This was seen as bad within this mission camp so they set about to turn these people away from there traditions teaching them that they were doomed for there beliefs as they were pagan and evil.
This is just another form of oppression and RASTA must also fight this.
I dont care what scripture some may pull out to enforce such work as this sort of work is not RASTA no matter what.

RASTA is very much a Black issue and this cannot be denied. From this then we must not allow Ancient africain traditions to be labeled evil and wrong by those who oppress with Christianity.
This is not RASTA and can never be allowed to be part of the movement.

#4- Repatriation
Again a must for us all to get back to african and mans roots. Both Physically and mentally.

#5- Reasoning
RASTA so as not to fall into the same mentality as those in western society must aways reason both sides. To take a one sided view is not and can never be RASTA. We must reason on all issues even if we may not agree with what we are reasoning on.
Reasoning can teach us so much. more than what we could ever really imagine.

#6- Ethiopia
We must never lose sight of Ethiopia as the Holy land, as the roots of the movement and this also includes traditions of ancient aksum.
Ethiopia is at the heart of the movement and should never be watered down or looked over.

#7- Garvey
No matter what we may think of Garvey or what he may have thought of Selassie at times we must never lose sight of him as again an important part of the movement. Not just as a prophet but as a leader of a people who were seaching for a culture and being that was stolen from them over hundreds of years.
I have reseached much on the man and many things I did not like within his teaching but after much reasoning his side is overstood and I never lost respect for this man for what he done for this movement and the millions of Africans worldwide who he touched with his mind and heart.

These are my own personal views and no matter what some may throw at me , I stand firm with RASTA at its roots. I myself have been known in the past to water RASTA down while researching issues but after reading many people and there views here I now know the importance of standing firm with its true princibles. There is no other way if one is to stand proud as a RASTA.

Thanks to Barbara for reminding me why I became RASTA and showing me the light to what I myself was falling victim to

RASPECT AND JAH blessings

Also big blessings to Haile Selassie for giving us all this beautiful movement and its heart.

Blair
Iheart Militia

Messages In This Thread

A post to all who come here and reason.
Re: A post to all who come here and reason.
The Light Of Rastafari
Rasta Guidance
Re: Rason ---------- busted?
Re: U Kool Surf Daddy U Unik
Heh heh
Re: U Kool Kuan U Unik
EAT A DICK B*TCH...
Re: EAT A DICK B*TCH...
Try not to lose too much sleep, you moron
Re: Try not to lose too much sleep, you moron
aso dem a move...blood fya! *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com