HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: THE GOD CONCEPT AND WHERE IT CAME FROM.

"God complex"... was it Gil Scott-Heron or the Last Poets that y'all ripped off that phrase from? It was one of the two, I'm sure.
As a matter of fact a lot of y'all's crazy ideas are second- or third-hand. Like the "reptilians", it was this white British looney-tuner name David Icke that y'all got that one from. The leprous palemen in the Caucus Mountains is from NOI, but y'all added to it to make it even crazier. The hollow-earth dwarves come from some old science-fiction story published in the 50s or something. (I actually read quite a lot of sci-fi as there are often interesting ideas to be found there, so I recognize these things).
I'm constantly amazed that there are people who actually believe your patchwork quilt of 2nd hand wacky ideas. I guess like Ras Desta said, it shows how poorly educated our people are, so I blame babylon's f***d-up skkkool system more than I blame y'all. No one with even the most basic knowledge of biology, history or geology could believe anything y'all say for a second. I guess I lucky I grew up in a "3rd world" country like Guyana, we may be broke as a joke and have to read by candlelight when there's a blackout, but we got a much higher literacy rate than Amerikkka. Maybe because we didn't have TV in those days (in the 80s you had to be rich enough to have a satellite dish to watch TV in G.T.), so we used to read instead.

Messages In This Thread

THE GOD CONCEPT AND WHERE IT CAME FROM.
Names symbolize concepts and God is beyond concept

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com