HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Black/White Raging Issues Urgent ?'s

Much Raspect to all more wise then InI (who are many on this board). InI speak in total and complete humility. As InI say before InI only wish to learn and be worthy in the eyes of Jah! InI remember reading someones posting that said something to the effect that there has to be some sort of standards for Rasta. InI remember not who it was or on what thread, and at the time I thought him wrong. Everyone came down on him saying things like "It is what is in InI heart that is important", or "there are many types of Rastas" and themes like that. InI have since thought again my mind on his posting. While InI do agree that what is in your heart and soul is what is important to Jah, I agree with the I-man.
InI seen now his point. Saying you Rasta without meeting certain "standards" to use him words would be like saying "I'm a Muslim, but I don't believe in Allah" or "I'm a Christian but don't believe in Jesus Christ or that He died for our sins and rose from the death"! Can not be. Seen?
By the same reasoning you can not claim to be a Rasta if you don't believe in the divinity of His Imperial Majesty Haille Salisse I., that he was Christ reincarnated, or in repatriation, or if you eat meat, milk, egg, etc., or if you're white. To allow such things only waters down the faith.
InI can say InI follow all Rasta beliefs because Jah has revealed the truth to InI. But to be fair to all black brothren & sistren, InI shouldn't say I Rasta.
InI think this is what Heather is referring to when she states in her post "Well as for labels go...... for those who feel that a Rasta in essence is someone functioning at the heighest heights in respect to wisdom, following His Majesty, spirituality/rightousness, human rights, etc........ manifesting paradise on earth and agrees with black consciousness BUT doesn't fall into alot of the other cultural categories ------ maybe they should have a new name? or no name? In order to prevent accidentally thievery or misconceptions or de-rastafication or de-africanization and the like." Seen sister! No one wants to be labeled, but sometimes a label like "Rasta" is something to be proud of and not thrown about lightly.
InI a prince from the seed of Thema of Illyria and Nicholas, descended from King Bardhylus (White Star) so InI still go by the name RasCaptJim (or RasBardhylus if you prefer). Obviously most people look at the I as a "white" man (although some say I look like dark Greek).
InI revere Rasta ways because of the UNIVERSAL LOVE and Raspect for all Jah's Idren, creatures and mother earth that the "religion" professes. But in Raspect to black brethern & sistren everywhere, InI think it best to refrain from calling the I a Rasta.

Peace and Love through overstanding!!!!!!
All praise due Jah, all Love thriugh Jah.
RasCaptJim

Messages In This Thread

Re: Black/White Raging Issues Urgent ?'s
Re: labelling continued...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com