Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: gman- InI hair is I-vine!!

LOL!!! LOL!!!! You are funny!!! LOL!!!!
Actually, I do not have any HAIR issues, cuz I was not raised with any Afrikan hair issues. Mymother never ran the bad hair/good hair stuff in our household. Both of my parents wore afros in the 70's- not cuz it was a trend but because they were comfortable with their hair and their Afrikaness. They also passed that on to me. That is why I could where my hair natural in my teens when NO ONE ELSE was. I had a HUGE AFRO at 18. So I have no HAIR hang ups. It is just my choice to have neat clean, pretty LOCKS. I think big BULKY one dreaded Janks are unattractive. That has nothing to do with Afrikaness-beacuse none of my West Afrikan ancestors wore there hair like that. There is a tribe that wears Afros which I feel is also a MOST natural way to wear hair aside from locking it.You must have those wild crazy locks, cuz you are taking it personally. Bob Marley had beautiful locks, Luciano has some nice natty as well. Dennis Brown had Lovely locks as well. I am talking about dreads that are nast and look like they are going every which way and have no shape definition. There is not doctrine that says that the hair should be matted together in one CLUMP. Here in the states the militant stance for hair is the Natural Afro or Locks. Looking wild, dirty or like one has a big boa constrictor coming out there hair is not my idead of beauty. But braids-Corn rows-Senagalese twists, locks and some dreads are absolutely gorgeous to I. So bredren, there are no AFRIKAN hair hang ups for I. I realize the divine power of being a 9 ether being. Our hair is divine as a people. No one else on the planet has hair like ours. Our hair curls into a divine 9 as where most other races have a 6 which curls at the root and drops out straight just like a six. The 9 keeps curling and sits on top of the scalp as a curl. So Our hair is naturally divine. Even the bible talks about how Goats will be separated from the sheep. The sheep have hair like Lambs wool. Goats have straighter finer hair. So any HAIR hang ups have long left my brain. Point being, Afrika is diverse and there are many ways to celebrate the divinity of our hair. I just do not find the EXTREME Natty to be attractive. That is just me. But I can find an Angela Davis Fro to be ILAful. Some would find that ugly. It is all OPINION. Not a fact and ones are entitled.I do apologize for hurting any of My carribean family. I was just vexed. That is all.

Ises I

Messages In This Thread

I can Talk About Carribean I-dren
I am very proud of my rootz *NM*
yah nah need fe talk sis..we all innna it
Re: yah nah need fe talk sis..Kaya
Re: I can Talk About Carribean I-dren
Re: I can Talk About Carribean I-dren Kelly
Re: I can Talk About Carribean I-dren Chris

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com