HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: I can Talk About Carribean I-dren

You have the right to talk about ANYBODY and tell the dirt about ANYBODY if there's dirt to be told.

You do NOT have the right to call people "sand monkeys" and tell them to speak massa's "correct English" or you won't talk to them.

You may think you love your roots, but as long as you consider knotty dreads "ugly" and think the version of English massa taught you is superior to a version that at least maintains some African elements (while still feeling free to imitate it when it suits you like saying 'nuff')... then no you do not love your roots.

Any white person saying that ---- to my face woulda had they ---- knocked the ---- out. But I will give my Black sister another chance IF she is willing to admit that she was wrong and apologize.

I couldn't care less whether you have connections to the Caribbean. Plenty brainwashed Caribbean people say ignorant things like that too- yeah, self-hate- and it's no more excusable.

Wake up and Live- but you gotta realize you're asleep first.

Messages In This Thread

I can Talk About Carribean I-dren
I am very proud of my rootz *NM*
yah nah need fe talk sis..we all innna it
Re: yah nah need fe talk sis..Kaya
Re: I can Talk About Carribean I-dren Kelly
Re: I can Talk About Carribean I-dren Chris
Re: gman- InI hair is I-vine!!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com