HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Ziggy and Sting 'Our Spirits Inna Material Wor

I knew you would write back and say something like that --- no doubt we ARE living in a police state. 2 nights ago I just wrote a song called just that 'Police State.' It's no joke - F*** the hollow hoodlums in blue suits with badges and nearly 3/4's of the worlds GNP (capitol)behind them. It's no joke ting.

And also I also think this music mixing thing is an important subject. I can understand the vexation towards people who don't give proper acknowledgement, but just in my opinion, music is something to share --- noone can just OWN it, or a particlar genre (but JAHnre especially :)!!!

The song that Zig and Sting mixed together isn't about who tek dis and who tek dat.... it's about the Iniversal message and truth behind it (they weren't thinking of themselves - they were thinking how many lives they would change and how they would better the world: man woman and child). Not to mention it IS a good song..... No garbage in it... it didn't pollute or dillute Rastafari message, etc.... so on the other hand, there are those that go and take something and distort it and pull things far from the roots ----- but those with the wisdom and clarity to see what is pure and what is stolen, twisted up and polluting Jah message shouldn't be effected by it (let them dig their own pit and lie in it). But also, can't ignore the fact that the youth are the innocent victims in all this and of course festivals such as 'Sunsplash' I read about on the board ----- that is a travesty in my opinion (how it has been changed), and the blame there runs out into all facets of society.

Well, I guess I also see what you say about white artists using raggae and then living the wrong type of life, setting bad examples, etc... but once again that goes for all artists (black and white again! can't escape this in any conversation can we)Have you heard of that guy 'Ja Rule'? What kind of message is THAT!? I'd say that is some bigtime rasta raggae robbery and the guy is African. So, you know we've got to try and see through all the illusions and ways that the devil tries to pit us against eachother. And then the other day I was even thinking to myself how white people get fire burned for talking patios sometimes...... but I've noticed that alot of black people who don't speak it originaly (OR NATIVELY)have been cobbing it too. I was talking to a friend from Senegal the other day and he said, yeah, I like how Jamaicans talk, but him speaking patios would seem just as out of place as me sometimes and he was BORN on African soil. So, there's alot of ins and outs aren't there.... that we got to get through. What about African people who share in the globalist perspective? and Africans who like celtic music..... are they somehow out of the picture? Are they dissing the movement?

Now, how did I get back on this subject so deeply again? I'll be back. Good points and good reasoning with you, Heather

(music has no color??? Is that what I'm trying to say... especially if it's in the JAHnre genre?!?:)

Messages In This Thread

Ziggy and Sting 'Our Spirits Inna Material World'

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com