Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: to:kaya isesaJah
In Response To: to:kaya isesaJah ()

Greetings bredren and sistren... I ain't even getting into no debate about Christ and Selassie and ting no more, leff that to each own i-terpretation... I ain't even read the rest of this thread yet, but diyouth said something that made me think of an experience I had.
I was in London last year, where I was born, I went back for a minute due to immigration problems in Amerikkka, and to help look after my grandmother who had a stroke. This is my Guyanese granny who been in England since the 50s. Anyhow she had a next stroke and then she started having these epileptic fits, her whole body shaking and drooling and she couldn't talk. It really looked like she was at death's gate. So one night I come home from visiting her and me siddung with a piece of herb and her old bible fuh say a prayer fuh she. I have a little ritual where I find Psalms and just leaf through dem at random and read the first one my eyes set on. This time, though, something make me read the first psalm me see, plus the one after that, then the one after that... and is that third one I find that is directly addressing me granny situation. I can't remember the number of the psalm, but it start out with the psalmist lamenting how sick he is, and how "I am so troubled I cannot speak", and how he remembering the days of his youth when he was healthy, and just lamenting his situation... but then it turn around and end with an invocation to the greatness and power of JAH, it talk about how JAH flash thunder and lightning. Now I hardly put down the Bible and say "JAH! RASTAFARI!" when I hear thunder crash, lightning flash, suddenly rain is pelting where a minute before everything was calm... and that is when I know me granny gonna be alright fuh a while yet, and true enough when me go back and visit she she start talking again, and now she is fine other than being in a wheelchair, her mind is all together and ting.

I just thought I would share that because diyouth's story about invoking Christ's name made I think of it. Did it matter that I said the name RASTAFARI and diyouth said the word CHRIST? You see, Jah respond same way... Jah is beyond names, words, titles... Tony Rebel say "Anytime you cry, the universe hear"... well that is just one example of how JAH move mystical in me life, there is plenty more, and each time is just a confirmation to I that I am on the right path, although I might have a lot further to go.
Raspek, Peace and Love. JAH LIVE!

Messages In This Thread

to:kaya isesaJah
Re: Jesus Christ is God
Re: Common Sense Must Prevail...

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com