HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Wake Up Rasta-good point
In Response To: Re: Wake Up Rasta-good point ()

Heather, which elders are you talking about who are 'spreading hate and evil'?
Surely not ras Qaballah, who was spreading HIS OPINION, which in my opinion has a lot of merit (while not agreeing with all of it).
Do you not think it's a problem for white people to be 'teaching' black people about black culture?
I remember this one guy I used to buy some overpriced herb from one time, trying to lecture to me about Rastafari... I felt like smacking him.
Technology is not a european thing, Africans had advanced technology long, long before Europeans.
Technology that pollutes the environment, kills people, etc, though... yes that is more of a european thing.
Ras Banana cannot be 'cruel' to you over the internet. Cruelty is like whipping somebody or something. Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me. Somebody say "f*** you" to me, I'll just cheerfully say "f*** you" right back and continue along my way and pay it no mind. Cos I don't bizness with what people think about me, I bizness with what JAH think about me.
I don't think you're a 'silly white girl', you seem intelligent and with a good heart. But I think you get over-defensive about this white/black issue.
If you have been beaten, enslaved, starved, raped and imprisoned by somebody for centuries, and then they turn around and want to shake your hand and 'leave that all in the past'... wouldn't you be skeptical?
Think about it.
Raspek- Peace- Love- RASTAFARI

Messages In This Thread

Wake Up Rasta
Amesegenallo, Qeddus Feker
InI "whites" shouldn't burn herb?! or follow HIM?
also, what does the I think about...
Yes: Wake Up Rasta
Re: Yes: Wake Up Rasta
Yes: Wake Up Rasta
Re: Wake Up Rasta
Re: heck yes
'if your not wrong
Re: Breath Heartically
Re: Breath Heartically

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com