HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Help me with a few things
In Response To: Re: Help me with a few things ()

Good morning!

I used the word 'dehumanized' because of what you said re: Dalai Lama. I think the issue is that whites do feel somehow dehumanized by being questioned by blacks about their motivations, but we don't live in a vacuum: just as Nelson Mandela says, we must be willing to live with our history, and unless we can understand the forces that have divided us and still have power over us we will never come together. Why can't we look at each other through the lens BOTH of our unity and our diversity? As for 'not being intellectual enough', what's that about? I've met enough educated fools in my life, and sometimes I've been one.

All I'm asking is what are we supposed to do to serve JAH? Are certain topics off-limits because in ones' minds they are divisive? Sister Wendy says from her heart that she is distrustful of whites, and yet here she is reasoning with us. Sounds like true love to me.
Give thanks!
rootsie

Messages In This Thread

Help me with a few things
Re: sorry #3 should read- Are "not"
Re: sorry #3 should read- Are "not"

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com