Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Why not question?

In response to Ras T Henry

After reading this discussion the question that arose in my mind was if Rastafari is a work in progress then it is not the very best time to examine the parts of it. A work in progress should be subjected to as much discussions as possible. The discussions are what would mould this work in progress so that when it goes front stage it is presented on a very strong foundation. Not only would blacks be able to explain why they choose Rastafari but whites also and this would never be the same.

Blacks and Whites should bring their unique perspective, and experiences that should be placed on the table for all to examine. If I do not understand why a white person would leave all other groups that are accessible to them and want to join a group that is generally unrecognised I would have to question their motives. And with all respect they SHOULD be able to explain this to me.

This is why I find your statement- "The issue I would like to suggest is bogus and a distraction by some for whatever their reasons." - foolish because you never questioned the reason this person would want this very legitimate question discussed. If this seemed like a distraction to you then by all means leave it alone and don’t be distracted that is your right but, for you to intervene with your ‘distracting comments’ then I am forced to question YOUR motives.

If I have a house should I naively allow anyone in? Then I am disrespecting the lessons my forefathers left for me. I could not believe that Rasta of all people are not circumspect and are fooled by those who tell you color does not matter. To those who are sleeping IT DOES !!!!!!!!.

I once saw a young boy draw a black Jesus. When the teacher asked why he drew it black he said that if Jesus is love and all kindness then he had to draw it black because he never met a kind white person. This had been this child's experience.

This has also been the experience of many adults including me and would not be lulled into accepting anything I don’t understand. Until then let the discussion continue....

Messages In This Thread

Why not question?
Re: Why not question?
Re: Why not question?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com