HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Rasta Identity without Rasta Theology?

Greetings Brohter Ras Tafari Selasse,

I agree with your words, everybody should research as much as possible, and every person at his/her limit and level, should become as much aware as possible of his/her past (roots).

I also think some people could overstand the difference between beeing new and old on a topic and behave like that. I myself, try very hard to illiterate myself on that, as I sse it fundamental to share this difficult to find (unless on the web) pieces of information, to reveal the mesage to the brethrens/sistrens.

So, putting myself as a new person on the topic, I try to learn as much as I can, and raspectfully make questions to try to learn from all on the board.

However, if you permit me to ask, sometimes the teology in a mistified way helps increasing the confusion about a real day-by-day strategy to deal with a particular situation in a different time. I think everything is evolving and adapting to survive, to continue, so is Rastafari.

INI admire the lifestyle of Rastafari, INI think is healthy, livity, vI-talizing... INI life down here in Brasil had a different perspective of things, after beeing introduced to Rastafari in London.

In I opinion, with all the raspect, the theology needs an interpretation to our times, like a Principle where I can fundament a view, and the theology is something that needs time to be developed. I know you have a process to be were you are, you can overstand the youth in their struggle for opinions and identity... but are they on the way? Can you see that?

We have to learn from people like you. Learning how to teach is something really exciting. I'm also an English teacher in Brasil. I never thought about beeing a teacher before, and when it happened, I was remembering all my boring teachers, and the good ones I had, and why some could communicate (make common) so well, and others not.

Mystification can be a big problem. I'm not deniyng anything because everything has utility if you understand the function of it.

Give thanks for the reasoning!!!

Ras Mandingo, Recife (Brasil).

Messages In This Thread

Rasta Identity without Rasta Theology?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com