Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Rasta MUST think about capoeira ?

Yes Idren Gman,
many question:
1 - Capoeira is about learning why not to fight. Some old masters say that after the invention of the gun, brave mans no longer exists. I remember a teacher from group that was killed. He had defended himself and beatten really hard two guys he knew because of some arguement. After that, some days after, this same people invite him to make peace, and sshoot him in the back, after drinking some beers.
2- Sometimes you really have to defend yourself. So, keep a secret your skills. If you have to defend, just defend and show that to your opponent. Try to turn enemies in friends, showing how you don't want to fight, and saying how you understand he have reasons for beeing agressive...try to include the opponent.
3-If you have to defend, Capoeira is a reaaly good thing. First because you don't have to big or strong, but fast and smart. You can defend from a quite big number of people at the same time, and usually they don't know what is going on.
4-I'm still a begginer. In seven belts, i'm still on the second one. Before recieveing the first belt, you have to practice for a while before beeing baptized. The number of belts, colors and the time to get each one, vary from group to group. Where I practice, I was for two years practicing to get the first belt, then 4 years in the first one(blue-the slaves journey by sea), and I just got the second one(brown-the new land).
5-Capoeira is something for the hole life. Yes it gets a little time to feel confident to defende, but that's not the main aim. I never had to use to that, but now I feel ready to (if I have to), because I know i won't lose mi mind, I'll control my temper. One has to be prepared, even if it's not necessary.
6-But more than all, Capoeira is identity, devotion, culture, roots, religion...contact with the ancestors in a phisical(body)way, sweating...
that's why you feel full of energy after a cerimony like that.
If you have more questions don't esitate to ask!
Give thanks for the reasons!
Ras Mandingo, Recife(Brasil).

Messages In This Thread

What Rasta think about capoeira ?
Re: What Rasta think about capoeira ?
Re: AXÉ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com