HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

The Difference between Spirtuality & Religion

Although religion and spirituallity are often used interchangeably they truly manifest 2 different aspects of human experience. Spirituality is the the mystical face of religion.
Spirituality is the wellspring of divinity that pulsates, dances and flows as the source and essence of every soul. Spirituality relates more to I an I personal search to finding greater meaning and purpose in I an I existence. Some key elements of spirituality are looking beyond outer appearances to the deeper significance and soul of everything. Love and respect for God. Love and respect for the I self and love and respect for everybody.
Religion is most often used to describe an organized group or culture that has generally been sparked by the fire of a spiritual or divine soul. Religions usually act with the mission and the intention of presenting specific teachings and doctrines while nurturing and propagating a particular way of life.
Religion and sprituality can blend together beautifully.
Sprituality is beyond all religions yet containing all religions. Beyond all science yet containing all science. Beyond all philosophy yet containing all philosophy. So be still and know all faith is false all faith is true truth is the shattered mirrors strewn in myriad bits while each believes his little bit the whole to own. Hayl Selasse I naw Feker.

Messages In This Thread

Two questions for comments....
Re: Two questions for comments....
The Difference between Spirtuality & Religion
Re: The Difference between Spirtuality & Religion

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com