HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Does Rasta celebrate Babylonian New Year?

Greets

You wrote: Exactly as a Black people we should follow our own calendar or at least acknowledge it. Chinese have there own calendar, Jews have there own and yes every single day is a beautiful God given blessing.

Amen friend. I totally agree. But does acknowledging one clander mean to target another as babylon? Does pride come at the expense of another culture? Do two wrongs make a right? Believe me, I am not sticking up for any clander, as I see all are man-made, just bringing up some points in response to your post.

Again you wrote: If your of European descent it probably doesn't matter so its easy to trivailize such a matter and come back with some wise crack.

It has nothing to do with the color of my skin. The reason it doesn't matter about clanders to me, is because I feel that even without Humans, the days would be days, and nights would be nights....seasons would go on...time would go on. I only feel that worrying so much about calanders is not getting us as Humans any closer to saving ourselves and the earth we live in. As far as trivializing the matter, isn't that what was being done by calling New Years a babylon holiday?

You wrote: Why is the whiteman so defensive when he should be repenting?

Not defensive, just reasoning. It seems that no one can post anything without some one calling it babylon or chanting fiyah. I was hoping the actual message of Dr. King would be read, but instead a trivial question of the name of the post came up. And yes, I have repented, and educate myself, and speak up when needed, and am not afraid to talk of the past....I felt guilt for a long, long time, until one day when I was reasoning with my BLACK Rasta friend, and said, "Man, my people aren't ever going to find peace because of what we did in the past." And he replied, "YOUR people?! They are my people too....we are all Humans, and we are all people, and we are all JAH Children....don't go beating yourself up. Stop feeling guilty and start helping JAH Children progress to a better day! OUR people have been dissing eachother for too long now..." Well, I took that to Heart, and have refused to feel guilty anymore, and only want to help we the Human Race, and not wollow in guiltiness.

Peace and Love
Jeff

Messages In This Thread

A New Years Thought
Re: A New Years Thought
Does Rasta celebrate Babylonian New Year?
1994 in Ethiopia / 2002 in the Western World *NM*
Be Still & Know Prophecy is Revealing *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com