HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Instincts of RasTafari
In Response To: Instincts of RasTafari ()

Haile !!

Love this reasoning and just wanted to put in my 2cents.

In I view, both negative and positive is needed in the evolution of life. Because of this, I personally do not like to view life's experiences as being negative. I realize that we live each day with the anticipation of making it a 'better' day than the day before. We must realize that every experience is needed to become what we are today and what we will be tomorrow. Say today we submitted to a burst or flair of temper, we must recognize this, and ask ourselves if this is the state of being we deem acceptable or would like to experience and then work on it. Everyday we should strive to be more like our desired state of being, and learn to be consciously aware of life's experiences.

I 'beg' to disagree that a man having more than one wife/woman is a negative sexual instinct. I have always held the view that should my husband want to have more than I as his wife, I am totally supportive of this. I expect to get alot of 'stick' for this belief...but...that's my innermost sentiment.

In closure, I would love to share an indigenous African view in this regard. This is taken from The Spirit of Intimacy: Ancient African Teachings in the ways of relationships.

"In my village, polygamy is allowed. It is not viewed as adultery, because it is not hidden and is only done with the approval of the wife. It's up to the woman to choose whether she wants another woman in her household.

Many woman choose this in order to bring more female energy into the house and make it lively. It is not seen as perverted. It is the action of a woman who feels happy in her relationship and wants to bring other women to share that happiness with her."

One Love
Sera'el

Messages In This Thread

Instincts of RasTafari
response to 'negative' instincts
Re: response to 'negative' instincts

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com