Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

The Emperor

Blessed brothers and sisters!

As a christmas-gift I got the book "The Emperor" (Ryszard Kapuscinski) from my father who wants me to stop beliving that His Supreme Majesty is JAH the almighty. The author of the book has been talking to the people who worked with His Venerable Majesty and they are telling him about the time when Selassie I ruled Ethiopia. I really don't know how much of what they say that is the truth, can these people be trusted? After all, it was His Most Exalted Majesty himself that chose the people who worked in the palace.
A great part of the book is discribing His Merciful Highness as a paranoid and greedy man who loves his power over all things and serves his dogs meat on a silver-plate while his people are eating rotten bread and suffering from starvation. But the book also says that His Maserful Highness never needed to write anything down, his memory was far beyond a normal man's. Nobody ever saw his signature or anything hand-written by His Majesty. He never needed glasses to read, not even at old age, his vision was perfect. Nobody ever saw any signs of irritatin, nervousness, anger, rage or frustration from His Imperial Majesty.
When he was taken down from His throne by evil rebels many of the people who had been working with His Highness was killed, my question is:
If the rebels thought that Selassie was responsible for all the bad things that had happend to Ethipoia why didn't they kill him?
Sure, they took away his power but none of them dared to kill him, Why?
The book end with the a short notice that the King of Kings died from circulatory failure.
Has anybody else read this book or does anybody know more about what really happend, or should I belive in what Selassie's servants and closest associates say about H.I.M. ?

Mosiah

Messages In This Thread

The Emperor
Re: The Emperor is de Ilected King of Jah!
Re: The Emperor
Interesting Book Iya
Re: The Emperor

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com