Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: RASTA
In Response To: Re: RASTA ()

Blessed Love and Much Respect on this day to I, gman.

I couldn't pass I's post without making sure there were no misconceptions in regards to "European" hair not naturally lockin' up. Let me tell I about me beautiful Irish locks....

Knowing Rastafari for many years, it wasn't until four years pass that my hair dreaded. They are a gift from GOD and not given until I was deemed worthy by my convictions. This gift has served two purposes. The first being that after much time cutting, coloring, blow drying and perming, my hair now is in it's natural state too same as yours if indeed you're dread. My hair is cleansed every other day with natural shampoos I make myself from herbs and plants I grow myself, all from JAH's good earth. No manipulation to dread here.
The second reason for this gift is when my hair is down and I have ventured into the city, not a time goes by that several people don't compliment or comment on the beauty of my locks. My presence alone tells one that my hair is not merely a "fashion statement". When asked how I got my hair this way, my answer is always "It's GOD's gift" They may not understand my reply but they will remember me. Some may ask my reasoning which gives me an avenue to express my love for natural beauty and JAH's blessings I so humbly receive EVERYTIME. Spread the word!
You're correct in saying you don't have to be dread to be Rasta and dreads don't make you Rasta. Personally, being QUEEN of I kingdom, I wear my dreads as my crown AND as my glory.

To Omri: Give thanks everyday to the ALMIGHTY for every little thing that is put down before you. Your natural MANhood/beauty will come from within and manifest itself upon your physical being when it is time.

One Love Always....

Messages In This Thread

RASTA
Re: RASTA (Omari)
Re: RASTA (Omari)

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com