Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Is rasta Division or Inclusion?

"me nah go tell them how to live their life"
no one can tell anyone how to live. life is something natural when u agree to something, you were already in agreement before u gree. Life/Jah is the only teacher.
...well once a person is not involved in something (eg.gay)logicaly it doesn't or shouldn't really matter to that person. but it is our nature to put our understandings on people and things around us. so if something is understood as wrong we lash out on people jus as much as we would lash out on ourselves. given that, i think this is a lesson not about gay and whatever but who we are, or where we are literally.

"Nothing wrong with singing about sex, but it's how you do it, to I them type of lyrics sound vulgar and don't exactly promote respecting our women."

I understand what your saying but i don't forget where Sizzla is coming from...therefore He knows effortlessly that people will react to it in such ways...he is not stupid. so now i realize what hes doing and i love him for dat, if aso him a 'yod it'.
chek it: The Almighty mek u and me... Him look pon we naked and seh we are good. but in society someone looking at someone else naked is shameful but why? why can't we look on each other as how Jah look pon we. the point is not to be ashamed of who you are and what u do. let your day be night and vice versa.
""f*** the woman make dem vagina burn dem""
doesn't that happen...is the action good or bad? so if people like it behind close doors so why should those people dislike it when it open. Sizzla a bus up some chackles dat is tying down not jus black people but an individuals right to feel good about themself night or day. I think people have to consider what is respect before they say that sizzla a disrespect the women.

"to I Sizzla voice sound so full of hate "
I understand, and yes full of hate towards negativity...why not? The way that Sizzla express the words, bear witness to the pain and the cry of people deep inside. do u notice how almost evry artist(Frisco, Jah mason, Beenie) has this course, musty voice now a days...and it aint the weed.
to me the conflict is not in a person but in the vaternity of Rasta dj's.
eg.
Capelton seh "Bun informa, coz only infarma vex,
Bun bak bita, ca only bak bita vex"
now I hear Sizzla have chune that sez:
"mi vex when me hear the nation a cry,
"mi vex when me see di youth dema suffa

to me the actuall words of the dj's are conflicting themselves both standing as defenders of the Faith.

yet the point is not to define your joy as how babylon define it. Define your joy as how your culture defines it, being that this is who you are in the sight of di Almighty, naturally. never be ashamed of your thoughts or desires...Jah knows u already, day or night. This is the message I think they are bringing or trying to bring accross.

Free u self

guidance

Messages In This Thread

Is rasta Division or Inclusion?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com