HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Each One Teach One !!!!!!!!!!!!

In I personal experience, each one teach one has been a recipe for confusion and disaster.

I man remember an Ethiopian scholar who offered to teach Ge'ez and Amharic to the Rasta community in my NY town for whatever donation the bredrins and sistrins could afford. At the first meeting, the bredrins began to ask the Ethiopian, "You believe Selassie I a God?" When the man replied that Selassie was King and Defender of the Faith but not God, ALL THE BREDRINS EXCEPT I AND THE SISTAS WALKED OUT!

This Ethiopian worked in the Imperial Palace as the head of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church's radio service. That wasn't enough for the bredrin. They wanted to know how someone who worked that closely with the Emperor could not tell that he was God. Boy, the dread dem was vex at the poor man, screamin' and yellin' and all kind of disrespect. The man was an elder yet these bredrins(many of dem involved with coke business)wouldn't give de man a bly just because of doctrine. Dey kept talking about each one teach one and tried to turn the whole meeting into them teaching the Ethiopian abouth Selassie I, instead of him teaching InI Amharinyya.

Each one teach one is a stupidness. Usually it is a device for barely literate bredrins with low self esteem to use in controlling others. Selah.

Messages In This Thread

Each One Teach One !!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Give Thanks for Your Answer!!!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com