Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: food
In Response To: Re: food ()

I-tal is livity, I-tal is Intelligence in every cell. It is conscious cultural experience. What much of de I dem a chat is philosophy/corruption/Twelve Tribes/ Paul business.

Nyabhingi is vegetarian. Bobo eat fish. It is the Twelve Tribes that pust this "it don't matter what go inna yu mouth' business. That being so, look at the illustrious list of Twelve Tribes man who come clean from that: Bob, Gregory Issacs, Dennis Brown, others best left unsaid, and others unknown, who was Twelve Tribes and fall.

I man used to cook for reggae band who pass thru. I shocked one time to see one band (Twelve Tribes mostly) come in with they own cook and and about 15 steaks!

One of the biggest disappointments in local Rasta communities occurs when respected reggae artists pass through and skip the I-tal feasts prepared by their local Rasta hosts in order to eat beef patties or even McDonald's. Rasta people in Trinidad remember the vibes when Bob and the Wailers visited Trini, only to pass up the I-tal feast of Trini Rasta in order to go eat chicken at White Castle.

There have been plenty times when certain artists would pass thru Hawaii, with the local people saving their best sensi to give these bredren, only to be told, "where de coke deh?"

Rastafari as a movemant cannot afford to let the false impressions given by those who don't know themselves using the guise of individual freedom of expression under Paul and Gadman to continue.

If one penetrates the causality and Irit of Ital in the context of the Caribbean, slavery and dependency, one can see easily that Ital was Irated by Bhingi in order to free poor Jamaicans from physical and psychological dependence on imported foods, a problem which still haunts the present day reality of Caribbean. Children were taught in textbooks from England that real fruits were apples, pears, peaches, plums, grapes, you get it? People trying to get money to buy imported saltfish, canned milk, imported white flour, you get it? This is not only about health, it is about creating freedom for yourself and your people by overcoming your dependency on Babylon and learning to appreciate that which COMES FROM YOUR OWN LAND.
That is the spirit of resistance of Rastafari.
It is sad indeed that so many who call themselves Rasta and lovers of Rasta fail to see the practical reasons and far-sighted wisdom of them who forward the cancept of Ital to InI.

In cold places, people might need more animal food. But Rasta come from the ground up inna JA, and that is why so many of InI does trod deh as if on pilgrimmage. And many more wish they could. Don't nobody trod where most of de I dem live in dat way. And I sure dey wouldn't be chattin' dat Paul chat inna Bobo camp or Nyabhingi Ibernacle.

People should be honest and admit when they have made concessions to Babylon in order to live in Babylon, or be loved by Babylon. But don't call it Rasta.

Messages In This Thread

food
Ras Bakul - You said it all *NM*
Yes I, Ras Bakul. Tell de Truth to de People.

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com