Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: food
In Response To: Re: food ()

Yes-I, interesting reasoning... my 2 cents is that everyone is imperfect, but that we should strive for perfection. To I one thing that would involve is a vegan diet. Because (1)it is morally wrong to slaughter millions of animals who have feelings and emotions just like InI, when it is not necessary and (2)it is healthier, you will live longer and have more energy. But right now I'm not a vegan, I eat eggs and even fish occasionally- mainly becuase I don't always have enough time to cook all my own food and make sure I have all the correct balance of nutrients and thing, so me haffi eat on the run sometimes- if it was easy to find good, cheap, nutritious vegan food it wouldn't be a problem... but then again that is a bit of an excuse, because if I really planned out my days more I'm sure I could MAKE time to nourish myself properly. It's something I'm striving for, I'm not there yet.

As far as alcohol and ciggies... I drink a Guinness or Heineken now and then, I don't feel it's a problem because me have it under control, I ain't drinking every day or nothing, and I never get drunk. Cigarettes are a different story. I smoke them but I don't delude myself that I'm "enjoying" them... it's addiction, pure and simple. I quit for four months last year and f***ed up and went back, I'm still kicking myself... I definitely have to gear up to quit them things once and for all, but it's tough lemme tell ya. It's almost like, imagine you were a heroin addict and went into detox, and when you come out the first thing you see is a billboard saying "Shoot White Horse Heroin, from only the finest Afghan poppies", and see people shooting up on every corner...
Anyway, my point is, nobody's perfect least of all me, but we must continually strive for perfection and not be content to stay where we are. Yes, what comes out of your mouth is more important than what goes in, but what goes in is important too... unless you're living a hunter-gatherer existence out in the bush, hunting to eat, it's just wrong to eat any animal products. It supports one of the cruellest, greediest industries out there, that treats living beings as units of profit. And when ya smoke cigarettes, you're helping Jesse Helms and all them guys to destroy InI. I try to keep that in mind when I light up a death-stick, make me think twice sometimes and hold off til I just can't help it, and I know it will help me quit for good when I marshall enough spiritual resources to win that battle. Peace, Love, respect.

Messages In This Thread

food
Ras Bakul - You said it all *NM*
Yes I, Ras Bakul. Tell de Truth to de People.

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com