HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Kwanzaa Fundraiser

"Education of the youth is the surest guarantee of a better life" HIM Haile Selassie I
The Empress Menen Learning Center
"It takes a village to raise a child"

Presents
Kwanzaa Fundraiser
to help build our community school currently taking place every 3rd and 4th Saturday at the Sundial Health at Sunrise Healing & Learning Center for children of all ages
Umoja - His Majesty created the "Organization of African Unity"
Kujichagulia - "Self help in the benefits to be acquired through education, will save the individual from asking someone's assistance." HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I
Ujima- "as both the duty and responsibility of the world's fortunate few to help fulfil the legitimate aspirations of the unfortunate many." Emperor Haile Selassie I
Imani - His Majesty is defender of the Faith
Ujamaa - "....each and everyone endeavours to cooperate and work in as much as his capacity permits, our faith rests upon the Almighty God that he would bless the results for us." HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I
Kuumba - "For knowledge is power. If it is not applied to its proper purpose, to create, let there be no doubt, it will destroy." "Africa awaits its creators" Emperor Haile Selassie I
Nia - "The fundamental purpose of a community develop-ment movement is to teach the rural people of Our Empire that through cooperative self-help and a united approach to common problems, the vast potential for their own self-improvement which they themselves represent, can be translated into effective programmes which can do much to improve their standard of living." Him Haile Selassie I

Taking place on Saturday December 29th
At the Sundial Health at Sunrise Healing & Learning Center
3609 Boston Post Road, Bronx, NY
Invited Music and Spokenword guests:

¾ Devon Clarke
¾ Simpleman
¾ Damien
¾ Babatunji
¾ Mama MOSES
¾ Djawada
¾ Osageyfu
¾ Ethiopian Patriots
¾ Kyene
¾ Marcus Garvey Revolutionary Guards
¾ Selah Iritical Reggae Journey Band
¾ DJ High Voltage Sound Systems
¾
Schedule will include:
Sabbath Morning Ises starting at 10am, Family program 1:00-5:00 featuring children’s workshops and talents
Spokenword 6-9 featuring poets and open mike and 9-Until musical presentations
$10 minimum suggested donation (comes with one meal) Refreshments and crafts on sale
Give thanx to the Most High Jah Rastafari and our following sponsors:
Sundial - Sadhana Teahouse - HIM Ital Restaurant - Ziontrain - Katashis - Everything Natural - Natural Living Wellness Center - Eatwell - Healthees
For more information about this event or the school please contact Sister FiYah at empressfiyah@yahoo.com or Jah Dave at 718 798 2943
"A strong nation and a free nation can only base itself upon education. In order to make life worthwhile it is also necessary to acquire other things that can only come about after the acquisition of learning. Learning and technical training must be nurtured by faith in God, reverence for the human soul, and respect for the reasoning mind." HIM Emperor Haile Selassie I

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com