HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Works and Faith

What is the profit, that a person says, I have faith, but have no works? Can faith alone save you? If a brother or sister be poor, and have no food, and one of you say to them, depart in peace, giving good words and not giving them that which is needful to the body, what help is that? Faith if it has no works is dead, being alone.
A person may say, you have faith and I have works, show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
You believe that there is one God, you do well, the devils also believe, and tremble too.
Will you ever know, O children of God, that faith without works is dead.

Was not Abraham our father justifed by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? See how works and faith go together, for by faith is works made perfect. And the scripture was fulfilled which says, Abraham believed God, and it was put into him for righteousness, and he is called the Friend of God. You see how works justifies a person and not faith only.
For as you know the body without the Spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matt.5:16.

pEaCe In

Messages In This Thread

Works and Faith
Re: Works and Faith

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com