Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

MALAWI PROTEST
In Response To: PROTEST NOW!! ()

cc: Letter sent to Malawi Embassy

Sirs
I join in the international outrage at the attacks on Rastafari in Malawi.

I also condemn in the strongest possible way the serious attack and assault that led to the shooting and serious wounding of several people in a Rastafarian-led demonstration in the University town of Zomba during the week of December 9th – 16th 2001.

This attack comes on the heel of the yet to be fully explained and investigated death of Rasta musician and singer Evison "Prophet" Matafale while being in Police custody for being openly critical of the Malawi Government. Bearing in mind all that has transpired in recent Malawian history even before the advent of the present regime, I join the appeal to President Bakilu Muluzi to do all in his power to protect and prevent the reoccurrence of any further attacks on the Rastafarian Community in Malawi.

Rastafari has always been committed to protest Injustice and Inhumanity. Rastafari has always been in the forefront of the struggle of Africans for self-determination and liberation whenever and wherever the need arises. We hope that good sense prevails and those blots on the Malawian conscience would become a thing of the past.

Malawi has placed itself before the world view with its outrageous actions. The world is watching, and the global Rastafari Nation will continue to bring the matter to public attention until it is satisfactorily resolved.

I am,
BARBARA BLAKE HANNAH
Former Independent Senator - Jamaican Parliament
Director - RASTA INFORMATION SERVICE

Messages In This Thread

PROTEST NOW!!
Re: PROTEST NOW!!
MALAWI PROTEST

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com