Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Hayl Selasse I on The Ethiopia Churchn

One of the outstanding events of the year 1963
E.C., was the elevation to the Patriarchal Throne on Ethiopian soil of the second Ethiopian patriarch.
In accordance with Our Canon Law, His Holiness Abuna Theophilos was elected Patriarch of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church by an overwhelming majority . The historic ceremony was conducted for the first time on Ethiopian soil on May 8th, 1971, in the august presence of religious leaders and delegates from Alexandria, members of the Oriental and Eastern Orthodox Churches, and invited guest from other religious denominations. We are gratified that the Ethiopian Orthodox Church has finally become the master of its own destiny and that the spiritual life of Our people is keeping pace with the material advancement of the nation. As We declared at the ceremony, We consider the effort We exerted to enable the Ethiopian Orthodox Church to stand on its own feet and to establish its independence, as one of the most fundamental contributions We have made for the over-all development of Ethiopia. Glory to the Almighty for enabling Us to witness the fruits of Our labor.

H.I.M. Hayl Selasse I

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com