HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Forgiveness?

I am responding above because I do not want to be part of Taj-I's talks.

#

You are not supposed to go around trying to forgive anyone who does not first seek your forgiveness and try their best to compensate you for the damage done.

Forgiving the people who did you wrong when they have not sought that forgiveness and compensated you for the wrongs is encouraging wrongdoing, besides which, it is impossible to forgive someone against their will.

If I am in such circumstances, I will seek forgiveness for myself for allowing someone who is wicked and ignorant to have the upper hand on me. 'I would not give a darn' about the person unless they can DEMONSTRATE they are sorry, through reasonable efforts to compensate me for the wrongs they did. Likewise, if I am aware that I did someone wrong, it is my responsibility to seek their forgiveness and to compensate that person for the damages. The victims should continually remind the aggressors of the wrongs they did and only assist in educating them towards realizing the errors of their ways, NOTHING ELSE, until they seek that forgiveness and compensate for the wrongs.

Only an idiot will try to forgive someone who does not seek forgiveness. That is a sure way to remain a victim and to demonstrate a lack of courage, which many are misguided into believing, is a virtue.

Let the arrogant idiot who did the wrong suffer until he or she seeks forgiveness. That does not mean I am seeking revenge. It simply means I am defending my self and demonstrating the highest regard for life by not giving the impression that it is ok to do wrong and not try to make amends. Once there is payment, they will think twice before trying it again.

Only a fool turns the left cheek before realizing a greater power over his abusers and before the abusers change their ways.

Messages In This Thread

Forgiveness?
Re: Forgiveness?
Life Itself is a Precious Gift

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com