HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

can you help?

This is not an event, sorry, but I am trying to get as many people aware of my situation as possible.I live in Auburn, CA.I have been sent to a school where I was told I could NOT have dreadlocks because of a rule mentioning that no one was to arrange their hair in a way that would advocate drug use.They drug test the students there, and I have stayed clean. I stopped smoking weed for this school, but I am going to fight the dreads issue.As you know, dreadlocks absolutely DO NOT advocate drug use, and people had dreads way before the hippies came along. Dreadlocks do NOT represent drug use and I am shocked that they can get away with something so outrageous. I believe they have no right to do this, and one girl alone fighting against a court's prejudices against dreads may be ignored, but if I can bring this to people's attention and hopefully get some help, I believe I can win this war. Thank you for your time.

Messages In This Thread

can you help?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com