HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: CNN footage a scam.....disgusting!!!

The story circulating by email that CNN's pictures of Palestinians celebrating the recent terrorist attacks on America are a hoax is itself bogus.
The claim that the pictures of the Palestinians were in fact 10-year-old archive footage was first made in a posting to the alternative news website Indymedia.org but has since been recanted by the original author of the post.

This hasn't stopped it being bounced around the world by email, says Russell Brown, presenter of the National Radio show Mediawatch.

"I'm even starting to get emails claiming the information came 'straight from the BBC'," says Brown. "I'm a big believer in the power of email, but in this case it's fostering a kind of global Chinese whispers. Whatever valid criticisms of CNN's coverage there may be, this isn't one.

"I was concerned to see the Sunday Star Times' TV reviewer Peter Hawes repeat the story as fact in yesterday's paper. I enjoy Hawes' writing, but he just has it wrong this time."

Links to background information on the CNN rumour and others that have sprung up since the attacks have been posted on the Mediawatch website at http://www.mediawatch.co.nz.

Messages In This Thread

CNN footage a scam.....disgusting!!!

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com